Top 10 Firsts in 2009
- Visited Istanbul, Turkey with my family. Fascinating. Must see more of that part of the world.
- Ran the Pengelly Double Dip a 13 mile run (21 kilometers) in the mountains. Did not do well but finished. Felt satisfied and humbled. Plan to try again next year and train differently.
- Learned Final Cut Studio Pro a video editing software package for the Mac. Took summer course at the University of Montana. Still remember how to study. Great program.
- Did 50 muscle ups in Crossfit. Click here if you don’t know what that is. Harder than it looks!
- Drove to Las Vegas in August. 112 F (44.4 C) at 10:00 PM. Enveloping heat. 95 F (35 C) was considered cool according to the local weather report. Very unique experience.
- Visited the Grand Canyon. Vast. High. Too high. Made me a little nervous.
- Hiked to Iceberg Lake in Glacier National Park. I love this place. Maybe my favorite place in the world.
- Presented a 2 hour presentation on technology enhanced learning at an Imperial university in northern Japan. Nerve-racking but big fun.
- Ate a shrimp head, sea urchin, and tuna liver. I’d eat the tuna liver again. That’s about it.
- Zip lined at Whitefish Mountain Resort. Nice!
I’m ready for 2010!